The best way to secure your baby in a car seat is to make sure all harnesses are fitted properly.
- Check the age range of the car seat is correct for your baby. The shoulder straps can go through different height slots.
- The slot you choose needs to be at the same height of your baby’s shoulder or slightly lower.
- The shoulder straps need to be over the shoulders not off the shoulders.
- Once you have a baby in place ensure you pull the cord to make it reasonably tight and secure (test to check that only two of your fingers should fit under the strap).
- Minimize the clothes you put on the baby and ensure they are made from material that is dense, like cotton, and with NO padding.
- Before fitting your baby in a car seat, it is best to go onto YouTube and watch videos of experts to ensure you are doing things correctly.